So, you’ve just got engaged, congratulations, but what now? We’ve compiled a little list of things to kick start your wedding journey adventures.
Things to do in the weeks after he’s put the ring on your finger
1. Tell your family and friends all about it – have an engagement party if you wish.
2. Set a budget and a wedding date. If you are paying for your wedding yourself you will more than likely need to know how long it will take you to save your budget before you can choose a date. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a long engagement. Milk it whilst you can!
3. Purchase wedding insurance before you start committing to any suppliers. It’s only a few pounds but it is worth it as you never know what might happen in the future.
4. Do you want a Church wedding or civil ceremony?
5. Start thinking about your best man, ushers and bridesmaids.
6. Once all of the above has been ticked off the list you can start getting your inspiration and themes together using wedding blogs and magazines. There are loads of fantastic wedding blogs out there, providing sound advice and amazing inspiration. This is when you can let your mind wander and think of all those magical little things to make your day a day to remember.
As the famous saying goes ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’ so don’t think you have to do everything in a short space of time. Enjoy the planning stages and remember to involve your fiancé!
Penelope x x